Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Noura Marafi , Dont thank me! :")

"I'll never forget the day I met Jumana. It started off as a very dull day, I was 2 weeks postpartum and getting ready to give up on breastfeeding my baby because there just wasn't enough supply. I remember spending that whole night trying with all my might, to the point where I couldn't breathe anymore and my C-section was hurting. That was it. It was too late. I stayed too long in the hospital, where they provide the baby with formula milk even when you demand that you want to exclusively breastfeed your baby. Since I had a cesaerean they had to keep me there for 10 days to make sure my wound was healing well.

So, after feeling hopeless, my eyes filled with tears as i came to the realization that my  third attempt at breastfeeding was about to fail miserably, I decided to log on to facebook to cheer myself up. And there it was, the message in my inbox that saved me from the dark hole I was about to fall into. It was Jumana, with her angellic smile on facebook. I had heard so much about her but never had the chance to converse her with her until that point. I responded with the longest email ever about the troubles I was having with breastfeeding. She replied with lots of care and support and reminded that there is nothing to it. She reminded me that the night feeds are most important and gave me the will to push the formula away.

As a dietitian, I was surprised at the accurate nutritional advice she gave me, and was so happy to know that she teaches others about healthy eating because her knowledge and background about nutrition and healthy eating is simply amazing. I was also surprised to see that a Kuwaiti mother was dedicated enough to feed her children healthy organic food, and I really hope that jumana will continue to spread her love and care all over Kuwait, especially to our children, our future generation.

Today, Jumana continues to inspire me to be healthy myself and to use my knowledge to help other mothers. Thank you Jumana, for helping me breastfeed my daughter successfully, when everyone else around me was against it. Your help and support is something I will never forget.

With Love,

Noura Marafi ."



Noura,

awww thats so sweet . i am sincerely proud of all your achievements in your personal life you have came a long way and you have changed a lot, you dont need to thank me! el7emdela thank God for making me able to make a difference in your life.  Im also in love with all of your your children, Taiba Yousef and hanooona. and i urge you to start sharing your story. also share your super  husband's experience with organic farming.

lovelove
Jumana

2 comments:

Noura Marafi said...

7abeebty thank u so much :** I'm so touched by what you said and for posting this :) You really are an inspiration :*** love you!!

:::ShoSho::: said...

That is so sweet!