Monday, April 26, 2010

do you like chocolate milk ?




A close friend posted this Mayo Clinic link on facebook today. I just had to re-post it on my blog.

One of the most shocking topics in the courses I teach is chocolate/calcium relation. It is without a doubt a life altering piece of information to my dear students. Especially parents who are health conscious and want to make the best choices when it comes to their children's health.

One of my favorite students who is a mother of two concluded that " then it doesn't make sense to tell my kids they can have their chocolate ice-cream after lunch" or "ill have a hot cup of chocolate milk before going to bed" , it really does not make any sense.

Many of us suffer from poor eating habits we grew up with. We unintentionally inherit them to our children. This can be prevented by not only being well aware of all the facts. but spreading the word so more people understand your decision.. and maybe be inspired to make a little change of their own.

You can find further reading in two of my favorite published articles :

Click Here to read about Caffeine/Calcium .


If you find this article eye opening please do share it on your facebook with the friends you can about. maybe on twitter too since ive been on twitter just few days and im kind of liking it ;)

Jumana Al-Awadhi



No comments: