Wednesday, May 26, 2010

MOVIES FOR MOMS ! AND DADS TOO !



Going to a movie and leaving my children behind is not something i would consider doing. So my Husband and I like many parents havent gone for the movies in years.. 

Im not a movie person anyway i cant stand sitting still for more than 15 minutes. and I cant stand the smell of the movie theater's horrible food. 

Then few weeks back, we were in Kuwait and Alice in Wonderland was playing, we thought dhari was old enough for the movies and Alice is really a GREAT first movie! and we made a plan so we can take him to see it. The plan was : we go to my parents, breastfeed my daughter to sleep, then wait for her to wake up fresh and ready to play, then breastfeed her one more time, and beg all my sisters and brother and niece to stay to entertain her. Shes usually well entertained by dad and mom but just to make sure there is a back up if she gets bored, we needed a "villiage", i called my best friend told her about the situation just in case. We bought our tickets online and went to the movie few seconds before it starts, we left right after that and we went straight to pick her up and she was in the garden playing with the cats.  Dhari loved the movie and we had so much fun HOWEVER we missed our little angel so much and decided that if there was any other movie that is suitable for Dhari and he wanted to see he can go with one of our friends/family and we would wait for him in the mall with his sister. 

Its very hard for us parents to leave our kids to have fun, we like the fun we have with them present better, i guess thats just the way we are build. When your a parent your definition of the word fun changes i guess and you suddenly enjoy a day at the pool with the kids or planting and playing with soil, a day at the park! things that were boring to you before you had kids.

The reason for this post is that i was chatting with my friend whos in LA this evening and she told me she just came back from shrek and they loved it! I told her that i saw my last movie before Dhari was born, she has a son my daughter's age so she told me that she only goes on mommys nights! I SAID WHAT IS THAT!?  she told me about a special mommy night at the theater where toddlers and babies are welcome and they even have a changing place for  etc and its so much fun for the whole family!! I, told my husband and son right away  and they were very excited and googled the movie theaters near us for that and yes apparently its very popular here!!! can you believe this! talk about child friendly environment!   and yes we are going to see SHREK this week. YeaY ;)

here are 3 links for you to see 

3 comments:

oleana said...

What a great idea! Lets hope some one from KNCC is reading this and might try it out for a while :)

oleana said...

What a great idea! Lets hope someone at KNCC is reading this and might give it a try :)

swera said...

i'm really amazed by this great idea and the kind gesture they're providing by makeing a special day for moms and kids at the movies . . . how wonderful is that :)